Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Healthy Living

As the new year comes around I feel compelled to try some healthy recipes to add to my repertoire. This recipe for quinoa salad was in USA Weekend a few weeks back.


Pin It


YUMMY!  I made a few modifications that are noted at the end of my post.  Here's the recipe (scroll down to the middle of the page): Jennifer Aniston's Favorite Quinoa Salad


Pronounced keen'wah

This recipe could easily be doubled (or tripled, or pick you own multiple;).

The major ingredients- Parsely, tomatoes, cucumbers and an avocado- lovely color.

Add everything to a bowl.

Enjoy!

My modifications:
~Substituted 2 regular cucumbers for Persian cucumbers (Persian cucmbers make me giggle- seriously, can a cucumber sound more exotic!)
~Used only about 1/3 of the parsley
~Used four seeded roma tomatoes (canned diced tomatoes would likely work well if you are time pressed).

2 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds delicious. I love quinoa and will give this a try. It looks like it tastes like summer.

    ReplyDelete