Saturday, January 7, 2012

How did you...

Pin It

.. get those pictures on your stairs so perfectly staggered?


Pin It

About every other person who walks into my house (and my previous house) asks me this question.  I started collecting ACEO's  a few years back, unsure at the time what exactly what I do with them. ACEO's are little works of art about the size of a playing card.

Pin It


Finally I decided to frame them in matching 4 by 6 inch frames and display them on the wall going up my stairs. It's fun to watch my visitors linger on the stairs to check out each little piece of art.


How did I get them so perfectly staggered?  Easy- decide how high to hang one while standing on the step that it will be above and hammer in your nail. (I decided these look best at eye-level for an average height person.)  Next, measured up from the step to the nail. Hang each piece at the exact same height above it's corresponding step.   That's it.  Below are a few of my favorites.

   Jodie Hurt-  Original Vintage Inspired Collage And Mixed Media Art

pinkmilkstudio On Etsy
 


 Lindy Longhurst Mandalas, Cards, Prints & Paintings

1 comment:

  1. That's such a simple concept--don't know why I never thought of it! Not that I need it now, of course:-)

    ReplyDelete