Monday, February 6, 2012

Art Journaling


For sometime, I have been drooling over art journals made by creative souls and posted in Flickr groups or on individual web pages. The freestyle creativity and expressiveness always leaves me in awe.   I've dabbled a bit in my own journal but am always intimidated because my drawing skills and hand-writing leave much to be desired.   Recently, I was inspired to create a calendar format art journal page after seeing this post on The Kathryn Wheel blog.   I was surprised how quickly I could put the pages together.
 
 I began with a few stamped embellishments...  


added color.....


  to both sides....

 and then created the days and finished.  Now it is ready for a bit of daily journaling.  Small squares mean a small amount of hand-writing- perfect for me!

8 comments:

  1. Love your pages Amy - they're really fresh and bright with lovely bold colours.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pages! Oh...and I love that doggie below this post...he he he :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, Amy! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. Well done you :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome page, love the vibrant colors!! Looking forward to what you create for March :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, this is great. And you stamp first and then paint? Now, that is interesting, I always do it the other way round! Lovely colours. Sorry it took me a while to get round to visiting but there were so many entries this month! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Im almost tempted to have a go, Im a bit like you on the when you break it down into different stages it's doesnt seem that daunting

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Boxoftrix- I have visited your blog- you should try this. I would love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete