Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Small Words of Encouragement

Being a military family we have faced several moves.  The hardest part is often before you know where your next location will be.  There can be a period of several months where you know you will be moving, but you don't know where you will be moving.  Sometimes we get caught up in researching each potential place.  However, since we often have minimal influence on the process, it can all be for naught.

So, when faced with the unknown, it is best to put on a positive attitude.  This is a chance for adventure, new friends, seeing part of our country or the world that we haven't been to before and, best of all, the possibility that we might, once again, cross paths with our old military family friends.   

We went through all of this in late 2010 and 2011 when we relocated from Virginia to Florida.  Now, a close friend is experiencing the anxiety of the unknown, so I thought I would send her a little something.



I really liked how my little Artful piece of turned out so I stayed with that color palette and made this little home themed piece.


When you move every couple of years this phrase, "Home is where your family is",  becomes a truth for us.




I dug into the pile of paint chips I have in my craft room and made this pretty ribbon- something I had seen on Pinterest.  Paired with a piece of brown paper bag it turned out pretty cute!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. It was a very thoughtful and beautiful gift that I will treasure always.
    Thank you so very, very much.

    ReplyDelete