Saturday, May 12, 2012

Outside of My Body

Mother's Day weekend is here and, as all parents know, children have a special place in our heart.    When my children claim I don't love them enough I chuckle and think "you'll understand when you have children".   When they frustrate me  I jokingly say "It's a good thing I love you so much."  What they don't realize is that a mother's love is fierce and not optional. 
 

 I've tried to explain to my children that from the moment they came into our lives my heart started living outside of my body. 


This is also something they are not likely to understand until they have children of their own. (And, in my case, may that be many years from now!)



Hug your children and your spouse (partner, etc.) and have a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment